We are partnering with ORA Scents to present a workshop on mindful breathing and meditation with essential oils, which involves the active participation of an individual experiencing the scent within their surrounding environment.
In this session, we will learn about the relationship between emotion and the olfactory system within our brain, as well as how exposure to ambient stressors can have detrimental effects on our emotional, mental, and physiological states.
Our session will include:
• Learning to practice mindful breathing
• A short talk on how anxiety and other stress-inducing stimuli can 'rewire' our sense of smell
• Learn the basics of blending natural, essential oils
• Conclude with a Guided Fragrant Meditation session
• Two 10 ml. vials of essential oils to take home
ORA Scents is a wellness tech startup that is introducing the ORA: the app- controlled diffuser that enables users to remotely blend all- natural essential oils to create personalized scent experiences in real-time.